Information for Participants
Before the Meeting:
- SIGN UP FOR A FREE ZOOM ACCOUNT, if you do not already have one (using the same email with which you have registered for this meeting). If you fail to do this, you will have to download and install the zoom app and activate your account when you login to the meeting. You can sign up for an account here: https://zoom.us/signup
REGISTER. Registration is mandatory (to help with security). After you register, the Zoom meeting link and meeting password will be sent to you via email after the organisers accept your registration. Register here, but please, keep reading the guidelines.
ENTER THE MEETING by clicking on the Zoom link to launch Zoom and enter the meeting password. You will enter a “waiting room” until the organisers move you into the meeting. The waiting room will be available 30 minutes prior to the advertised meeting start time. Please enter the waiting room 10-15 minutes early if possible.
THE MEETING WILL BE RECORDED AND POSTED ON THE PROTIST.ONLINE YOUTUBE CHANNEL. If you fail to enter the zoom meeting for some reason, you can watch the entire meeting later on on the Protist.Online YouTube channel.
During the meeting:
- REMAIN MUTED. When you enter your video will be live and microphone muted. Please leave your microphone on mute unless you are called on to ask a question. Please also consider turning off your video unless you are asking a question to save bandwidth.
- During the presentation the host will allow the presenters to share their screen, you have several options to view the slides and presenter in the top right corner of your screen. You can change these any way you like without affecting other participants.
- QUESTIONS: After each talk, questions and discussion will be managed by the host. If you want to ask a question, you must use the “raise your hand” function in the participants tab at the bottom of the window. The host will invite questions in the order hands are raised. When invited to ask your question you will be unmuted by the host (you may need to accept being unmuted in a pop-up window), and muted when you are done. When your question has been addressed and the next question invited, your hand will be lowered by the host.
- COFFEE BREAKS: There will be a 20 minute break after the first session.
- REJOINING THE MEETING. If you leave the meeting for any reason, you can rejoin by clicking on the original meeting link with the same meeting password. You will enter the waiting room and quickly be moved into the meeting by the host.